8 March 2019
Single Touch Payroll (STP) extends to small employers with 19 or less employees from 1 July 2019. This means you report your employees' tax and superannuation information to us each time you pay them.
There is a three-month transition period so you can start reporting any time from 1 July – 30 September. Talk to your accountant, software provider or tax adviser early and explore your options.
We recently hosted a webcast to assist with your transition to STP, which covered:
- what to do if you already use payroll software
- what to do if you don’t use payroll software
- simple, low cost solutions for micro employers (1–4 employees)
- quarterly reporting concession for micro employers (1–4 employees)
- requesting more time to get ready.